Have you ever wanted to open a URL from your Alexa environment?
URL Switch makes it possible to open URLs using voice commands and Alexa routine.
Overview of URL Switch:
- Call web links with Alexa. IP addresses can be used as well.
- You can create any number of URL Switches.
- Open URLs with voice commands.
- URL Switches can be used in Alexa routines.
- Control smart home devices, for which a dedicated skill does not exist. (Publicly accessible URLs for the device to be controlled are necessary.)
- No need to set up a new account – use your existing Amazon account.
With URL Switch, it becomes possible to control smart home devices, for which a dedicated Alexa skill does not exist. The only thing you need is a public web link for you smart home device. URL Switch also makes it possible to integrate a Raspberry Pi and similar devices in your Alexa environment. The device only needs to be accessible through a public URL.
Setting up URL Switch is really easy:
- Go to www.virtualsmarthome.xyz/url_switch and log in in using your Amazon account.
- Create your first URL switch. You can provide a URL that will be called when you turn on the URL Switch. You can provide a second URL that will be called when you turn the URL Switch off.
- Activate the URL Switch skill in your Alexa App and log in with your Amazon account.
- Now, the URL Switch you created earlier will be discovered as a switch (power controller device) in your Alexa environment. When you turn the switch on, the URL you provided will be opened.